The first-ever book on Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM), written by Microsoft Program Manager Scott Duffey!
Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM) has rapidly become one of the leading products for mobile device and PC management. Organizations around the world are using it to manage settings, security, and apps on corporate-owned devices and empower users to be productive on their own personal devices by protecting corporate app data. MEM also provides a wealth of capabilities for driving improvements to end-user experiences on PC's through Endpoint Analytics and Windows AutoPilot.
In this book you will learn:
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager - What it is and how to use it
- How to set up your own MEM learning environment
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) for iOS, macOS, Android, and Windows 10 devices
- Device enrollment concepts for Personal and Corporate devices including Windows Autopilot, Apple Automated Device Enrollment (ADE), and Google ZeroTouch
- Endpoint Security configuration in MEM including device Compliance and Azure AD Conditional Access across Microsoft Intune, Configuration Manager, Azure AD, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, and Office 365.
- Deploying, protecting and configuration mobile and desktop applications.
- Extending MEM with Microsoft Graph API and PowerShell
- This book includes learning material, examples, tips and guided exercises and is suitable for IT administrators of any level who want to ramp up their knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
Table of contents:
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Getting started with Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Chapter 3 - Enrolling Devices into Management
- Chapter 4 - Remote Device Actions
- Chapter 5 - Configuring Device Settings
- Chapter 6 - Configuring Compliance Profiles and Settings
- Chapter 7 - Configuring Endpoint Security
- Chapter 8 - Deploying Apps
- Chapter 9 - App Protection Policies
- Chapter 10 - App Configuration Policies
- Chapter 11 - Conditional Access
- Chapter 12 - Configuration Manager, Co-management and Tenant Attach
- Chapter 13 - Endpoint Analytics
- Chapter 14 - Troubleshooting
- Chapter 15 - Advanced Usage and Resources to Learn More